HP Printer Offline - Know how to get your printer online
One of the common and frequently befalling problems is the HP printer offline error which happens externally for any apparent reason. Since in this article we have attempted to explain the reasons for this predicament forward with its troubleshooting steps. So wherever you are in a situation where your HP printer retains going offline, just grasp the instructions given in the below section.
Why Is My HP Printer Showing Offline Status? Here is the answer
Make Certain that 'Use Printer Offline' Mode Is Not Elected
HP wireless printer works offline if “Use printer in offline mode” is chosen. Since a user must assure that this option is not chosen. The shipping for improving this context is given below-
- Choose the ‘start menu- click on ‘settings’
- Tap on ‘devices’ :- ‘printer and scanners’
- Now from the noted printers, choose and right-click on the HP printer.
- Consequently from the menu, deselect the selection of “Use Printer Offline”. Immediately your Hp printer will get back in online mode.
- Secure your printer is “Set as default printer” to fix HP printer offline problem.
Ensure your printer is "Set as default printer" to fix HP printer offline issue
If your HP printer retains working offline on your Windows 10 or any else running arrangement, accompany certain provided troubleshooting steps
- Snap-on the Windows switch and type in ‘Run’. Forthwith type ‘Control Panel’ in the dialogue case and enter‘OK.
- Click on the ‘Device and Printer’ right after which you will notice your scheduled HP printer. If your printer has a green tick, then it indicates that your printer is previously ‘set as default’.
- If this is not the case then right-click on your printer and click the title of:- Set as a default printer.
- Now your printer will gladly work and the printer offline query will no longer be evident in your HP printer.
- Check Printer Driver – Transport or Update Antiquated Version
Check Printer Driver - Remove or Update Outdated Version
HP printer always shows offline failure in the case of an antiquated or debased printer driver. Observe these steps to update or reinstall the driver on your Windows.
- Go to the Windows search and find “Device Manager” and click on it
- Now from the extended part, locate your printer’s model quantity and ‘Right Click’ on it and click on the ‘Update Driver option
- Next strain on the ‘search automatically’ choice and wait for your printers driver to update. Once the process is completed, restart your computer.
- If you want to reinstall your driver, go to the ‘control panel’ and click on ‘remove programs’ and uninstall your existing HP printer driver. Thereafter download your printer’s driver from HP’s website and install it. To know more about this process, Click Here.
After following the above troubleshooting steps you will never experience the problem where your HP printer goes offline in Windows 10 or any other operating system.
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
HP printer shows an offline message when the printer spooler is stopped? To fix this, follow the following steps-
- First of all, open the ‘Run’ dialogue box and type “Services. MSC” and Click on “OK”
- Now from the listed items, locate the option of “Print Spooler”
- Right-click on it and select the “Stop” option to pause the print spooler services.
- Next click on the address bar from the ‘Windows File Explorer’ and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and click on ‘OK’.
- Now delete all the files from the printer folder to clear the printing queue.
- Thereafter, go back to “Print Spooler” and right-click on it and select the “Start” option to resume the spooler service again.
Lastly, restart your computer and printer and you’re charge of “HP printer Says offline” will be performed.
These actions will improve the user to take back the HP printer from offline to online in Windows 10 or any of the other operating systems.
Other Major Factor Due To Which 'HP Printer Shows Offline'
Whenever your HP printer says offline, forever analyse these factors-
- In the example of a transpacific fastening, always guarantee that your printer and computer are on the corresponding Wi-Fi network.
- Once the HP printer is configured in the computer, ever re-boot your system so that the settings of the HP printer can be delivered.
- Paper fixes, low ink standards, voltage ups and downs, lack of adaptability are other causes that may create your printer to go offline.
Check Your Cable Connection When HP Printer Goes Offline
In few instances, the HP printer has to go offline on windows 10 due to an improper connection. To fix this follow the given steps-
- Check if the USB cord on both ends properly relates to the printer and computer. If you have a reciprocity connection make sure the printer and router connectivity is congenial.
- Also, make sure that the control wire is unimpaired without any openings and is connected correctly between the printer and power socket.
HP Printer Keeps Going Offline? Check For Network Connection Error
You may usually face a place wherever your HP printer retains going offline.
- One of the key goals for the printer giving offline is the problem with its Wifi connectivity.
An error message pop’s up saying “Printer is offline”. To guarantee that the IP address is configured correctly,
Follow the given steps-
- Open ‘HP configuration screen’.
- Click on the ‘networking tab’ from perspectives.
- Select the IP address option from the drop-down menu
- Click on the manual frame option and access the correct IP address perfectly.
These steps will enable you to destroy the wrongdoing that comes due to the wrong IP address.
Final words –
Inline to avoid the HP printer from moving offline, you require to make certain that all printer operators are correctly installed & updated. Proper and timely updating of practice environments and printer operators destroys the feasible errors that can happen while doing the printer.
When a user face printer difficulties, a HP printer offline fix can simply achieve by following the troubleshooting measures given in this article. One of the key actions to correct the issue is by choosing the WiFi page option from the printer by urging the Wifi button. Following go to ‘Network setting’ from the way to see a variety of available printers. As a user, you want to choose your printer from the registered printers. After this move, your print tasks can be made as it will show you HP printer online.