HP Deskjet 3050 Setup (Windows)
First of, you need to download the driver for your printer. You can find the link below:
Once you have downloaded and installed the driver, follow these steps:
Next, open up Device Manager by clicking on “Control Panel” and then click on “Device Manager”.
Next, make sure that your HP Deskjet 3050 is listed under either Printers or Scanners. If it isn’t there then highlight every device in Device Manager until your printer appears in that list as well. Right click on it and choose “Update Driver Software”…Follow through the prompts to install software for this printer. After a few minutes of installing software successfully go ahead and restart your computer.
Driver installation failure.
You may have to install the driver for “Windows Firewall”. If you do, then you need to restart your computer now.
HP Deskjet 3050 Setup (Mac)
If you have a Mac running OSX 10.5 or higher then these instructions should work for you without any additional setup.
Next, open the Disk Utility app that’s in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder on your computer. It’s a little window with two sections: one marked “Untitled” and one marked “Untitled 2”. Highlight the one marked “Untitled”.
Click on the section titled “Untitled” and click on “Get Info…” in the menu that pops up for that section. Select the “Name & Extension” tab. Now, in the “Name” field type: HPDeskjet3050series.
Click on the “Type” drop down menu and select Other (in my experience it is a good idea to choose this). Now close out of this window by pressing Command-W (you may have to right-click on an empty section in that window and choose “Close Window” or something similar). Drag this untitled item onto your desktop so you can find it easily. Now, open up your Applications folder; then click on your printer’s driver software disk image to open it up…look for the file called HP Deskjet 3010 series Setup Utility and run it.
Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to setup your printer and complete the installation process.
Start Chatting to Get Printer Solution
Now, close out of this window as well. As you did earlier, drag the file HP Deskjet 3050 series onto the desktop so you can find it easily. Go to /System/Library/Printers & Scanners. You should see a printer called HP Deskjet 3010 series (if you restarted your computer after installing a driver for Windows Firewall then your Mac will not have recognized this printer). Highlight it and then click on File > Print & Fax Preferences in the menu bar. This will bring up a new window with several tabs; first click on “Options…” in the top-left corner of that window… You should see a tab labeled “Printing Preferences”, click on it. Click on the drop-down menu under “Printer” and select “HP Deskjet 3050 series”. It should automatically find the printer you just set up .
Now, close out of that window as well. Go to System Preferences, then Printers & Scanners. Click on Scanner and make sure that your scanner is listed as a USB device under Scanners (it may be listed under both depending on your operating system).
Now, go ahead and restart your computer. The final step is to connect the USB cable to your computer so you are ready to print.
Start Chatting to Get Printer Solution
How Do I Reset My HP Deskjet 3050 Printer?
If you have an HP Deskjet 3050 printer that has stopped working, the first thing you need to do is stop using it. After switching off the power, remove any ink cartridges and paper from your printer. To reset your printer, follow these instructions:
1) Plug the power cord of your printer into a wall outlet.
2) Wait for a few moments until the power light on your HP Deskjet 3050 turns orange and then green. The orange light means that it’s searching for a wireless network to connect to just wait for about 10 minutes until it automatically connects (the wireless icon will turn blue). If the wireless icon does not turn blue, you will need to connect it manually.
3) Open the front cover of your printer. Locate the button next to the color cartridge slot to release any jammed paper inside your printer. If you find any pieces of paper stuck in your HP Deskjet 3050, remove them from the printer before resuming your reset process.
4) Locate the Wireless Connections (Wireless Setup) button on the control panel of your HP Deskjet 3050 and hold it until you see “clear ink reports” on display. Press this button once more and press OK when prompted by a message that reads ‘Select Wireless Network.
5) Turn on your printer and wait for the Status light to turn green. This means that everything is up and running properly.
6) Go to the HP Deskjet 3050 Support site and select your product model to download software update files, which you can use with the printer’s driver to fix any issues you are having with it. Additionally, there are many troubleshooting downloads available which can help correct most problems you may encounter with your HP Deskjet 3050 printer.
7) Wait for your wireless network connection to go through after completing Step 4 above. You may need to reset some of the wireless settings on your HP Deskjet 3050 if you find that they do not match up after following these steps.
8) Restart your HP Deskjet 3050.
9) Once your printer is working again, you will need to reset your time and date settings.