When using your HP Envy 4500 Printer, if its status displays it to be offline on Windows 10, you can initially reset and restore the device. You can then investigate the problem. If it persists, you can opt to manually set it as your default printer. This will definitely help in changing its status from offline to online.
To fix this HP printer offline on Windows 10, you can read the following parts of this post.
Fix 1: Resetting and Reinstalling HP Printers on Windows 10
Windows 10 users can first open Run and then go to Device Manager through it. You have to right-tap on your printing device and select the option to Uninstall it. After this you can go to the section of Devices and Printers. Here, you have to choose Add a Printer to reconnect it to your laptop. Afterwards, drivers for HP printers can be reinstalled.
- First, press and hold the “Windows” button along with the “R” key to access the “Run” window.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run dialog box and then press “Enter.”
Fix 2: Manually Set Default Printer on Windows 10
In some instances, the HP printer remains offline, especially when it is being used with a Windows 10 system. As experts would advise, you should set the default printer manually. On your Windows 10 PC, you can find your device and then go to Printers & Scanners. Here, you need to verify that the Let Windows Manage My Default Printer option is not selected. Once verified, you need to select your device name and go to Manage. Now, you will be able to set it as the default device.
- Find your device on your system.
- Choose “Printers & Scanners”.
- Deselect “Let Windows Manage My Default Printer”.
- Opt for the name of your device.
- Now, select “Manage”.
- Below the option of “Manage Your Device”, you have to select “Set as Default”.
- Now, give a print command to check whether the HP printer showing offline status has been fixed or not.
What to do when my HP Envy 4500 printer is offline on Windows 10?
HP Envy 4500 Printer can show its status as Offline when offline mode is selected. To troubleshoot this issue on Windows 10, you can disable Use Printer Offline Mode. This mode can be detected by going to the Devices and Printers section on your Windows 10 computer or laptop.
To gather more information about this fix, let’s go to the upcoming section.
Fix 1: Disable “Use Printer Offline” Option
To fix HP Envy Printer offline on this model, we suggest you disable offline mode while it is on. In Devices and Printers, you should find an icon for your HP Envy 4500 printer. On right clicking on it, the option of See Whats Printed will come. Here, you can ensure that the Use Printer Offline option is not selected.
- On your Windows 10 PC, click “Start.”
- Open “Devices and Printers”.
- Now, right-tap on your printer’s icon.
- Select “See what’s printed.”
- Uncheck “Use printer offline” Now, wait for your HP Envy 4500 printer to come back online.
- If the status of your device is still offline, plug it out and remove its connection to your computer.
- After a while, plug it in and with Just connect it to your system.
- Start your printer.
- Now, restart your Windows 10 computer or laptop.