The printer displays “replace the cartridge” or “replace the drum unit” when there are still many pages left in the toner cartridge. In this post, we’ll go over how to bypass HP printer cartridge errors.
Here is a quick and easy fix that can get your laserjet printing again in seconds flat:
– Unplug the power cord from a wall socket for 15 seconds
– Plug it back in and try printing again.
Use this method to bypass toner cartridge errors on HP LaserJet printers. You can continue printing without replacing the expensive cartridge until it expires.
And here is the step-by-step guide:
- First you need to enter maintenance mode for your printer.
- Turn off the printer, unplug it from the wall and wait for a few seconds to let the internal fuse cool down a little bit.
- Now connect the power cord back to the wall and turn on the printer while holding down the “Go” and “Menu” buttons simultaneously (in my case they are green, blue, yellow, and purple).
- Release both buttons after a short beep sound (approx 1 sec). You will see the following screen:
- Press “Select” and you will see the following screen:
- Use arrow keys to go to the option “02. Toner/Drum Cartridge Life End” and press OK.
- Now you need to scroll down the screen until you see the option “30. Resume Jobs (Maintenance mode)” and press OK.
How Do I Bypass Non-HP Printer Cartridge Error?
If you’re experiencing a non-HP printer cartridge error and your cartridge is not defective, the problem might be that the product has expired. To bypass a non-HP printer cartridge error, try turning off Auto Setup and head to the Advanced tab. There, look for “Supplies Status” and then choose “Reset Supplies Status”. Choose OK at the bottom of the page and your machine should reset to its default settings.
how to fix this issue so you can get back to printing? For many individuals in need of a little help with their HP printers, it’s common knowledge that this type of issue typically comes from an expired or damaged cartridge. When this occurs, HP requires that you replace it with an authentic HP cartridge before you can resume using your printer. These types of errors are really hard to get passed without making any changes to your settings.
When this issue occurs, a message will appear on the screen informing you that your printer is no longer working properly because a non-HP cartridge was used. Now, there is no evidence that using third-party cartridges can cause your printer to malfunction and the only thing that can be damaged by using one may be your wallet. The solution for bypassing a non-HP printer cartridge error involves resetting the product to its default settings.
Steps to Bypass the Non-HP Printer Cartridge Error:
- Make sure your computer is connected to your printer.
- Turn the printer off and wait for 10 seconds or so, then turn it back on.
- Look at the control panel and find the “Supply Levels” option. If it isn’t already highlighted, use the arrow keys to do so and press TAB until you reach OK at the bottom of the screen status bar. Then press ENTER.
- Choose Reset Supplies Status.
- Once the printer resets to its default settings, clear any cartridges that are currently inside it before resuming printing.
How to Override HP Printer Cartridge Error on Mac?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading to learn what printer error messages mean, the different methods of fixing this issue, and how to prevent printer cartridge errors in the future.
#What is an HP printer cartridge error?
An HP printer cartridge error is a message on your computer or some other device that tells you the ink in your printer cartridge is empty.
#How can I fix this issue?
To fix this issue, you will need to replace the old ink cartridges with new ones. You can also run a “head cleaning” on your computer to reset any error messages.
#What needs to be done before installing new ink cartridges?
You must read and follow all instructions from the manufacturer of the replacement cartridge; otherwise, it might damage your machine and cause more errors.
#Why does install new ink cartridges fix this issue?
If your printer cartridge is empty, it needs to be reset. After a reset, the printer will print again and everything will look normal. This will also prevent future error messages.
#What are the different methods of fixing this issue?
Step 1: Install a new ink cartridge on your printer after removing the old one. You must follow all instructions from the manufacturer of the replacement cartridge to avoid damage to your computer or another device (such as a phone, tablet, or smart TV).
Step 2: Run a “head cleaning” on your computer. For example, to run a head cleaning on Windows 10, go to the “Start” menu and select “All Apps” on the left side of the window. Next, scroll down to “Windows System” and click it. Finally, click “Control Panel” from where you can access an array of settings for your computer. After that, click on “View devices & printers” and scroll down to “Printing,” then choose “Printing preferences” from the list of options. The last thing you will need to do is right-click your printer’s name in the left menu and select “Printing Preferences.